Friday 4 July 2014

Ultimate Six full-fat knitted waistcoat

I thought I’d share with you something I don’t make that often - actually this is the first time!

I’ve done a few of the season 22 knitted waistcoat, but each time I have produced them with either a plain silk back, or using the specially commissioned lining as seen in the Ultimate Six Frock Coat.



These are done for practical as well budget reasons - wearing a version with a knitted back is like wearing a skin-tight pull over underneath the frock coat and in full summer heat it will be unbearably hot!

However, a current client has asked for what I would call the full-fat version - knitted fronts; knitted back AND tails!

The tails are lined with the same lining as in the Frock Coat, so with the work I have done this is truly the most screen accurate replica ever made.



5 comments:

  1. It looks great Steve. It's always nice to see something new clothing-wise that you've made, on your blog.

    I really do like that lining too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome to see someone tackle the tailed version. Great job!

    If I may ask, what would the cost of one of these run for, and while I'm asking, what is the total cost for a complete Sixth costume?

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have emailed you direct with the info.
      Drop me a line back to let me know you got it okay.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Sure - email me direct at tennantcoat@me.com for full info

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.